viernes, 3 de agosto de 2012

► New Class and Accident at Grand Central

Hi everybody

How are you doing?

In New York the weather is getting better again , after one or two days with some storms and low temperatures. But today the heat has come back to the city and high temperatures are expected for  tomorrow.

This wednesday I moved to a new class in the school, to a higher level. The teacher´s name is Donna, and she is a very estrict and very demanding teacher. She doesn´t allow to you to use n a wrong way any preposition or any verb, or any verbal tense...... nothing at all....She is always correcting to you. It´s hard, because I had to introduce my self to my classmates and speak about my jobs (Sound and Basketball), about my country and about me. And it´s very difficult when someone is correcting to you every 5 words that you say, but I think it´s very useful and it´s a big difference with respect to the another group. I think it´s a "quality jump" in my academic training. My friend Cristian (The guy from Colombia) has moved with me to this class, fortunately, because I hardly know anybody in that class and all the students already have their friends and their groups .... you know

That day, after lunch, we (Alex, Cristian and I ) were witnesses of a traffic accident in Grand Central Terminal. This famous train station is in the middle of Lexington Avenue, so a bridge had to be built for traffic to pass over the Station. Only cars and taxis are allowed to drive over the bridge.  But a truck driver "shouldn´t see" the BIG TRAFFIC SIGN , and drove over the bridge with a very big truck, and when he wanted to turn right, there wasn´t enough space for the turn, so the truck impacted against the stone wall of the Station, and the big blocks of stone fell down on to the 42 street, just over the MAIN ENTRANCE of the Station. It was a miracle.... because nobody got hurt. I usually pass by there every morning and you can´t imagine the number of people who constantly pass by that entrance at any time in the day.

It was amazing the fast answer of the security corps of the city. The Police and the Army (YES, the Army) were the first. The Ambulances came to the station in about 3 minutes, and the Firefighters in one or two more minutes. They closed the 42 street and that entrance to the station. In about 10 minutes since the accident occurred, everything was under control. Later, by night, at home , after dinner,  I Could watch the news about the accident on the television.





After the accident, I went to the library and I borrow two comics, one about Iron Man and other about Spiderman. I felt a real new yorker on my way to home in the subway reading a SpiderMan comic in english, jejejejejejejeje.

I came back yesterday to the library, but this time to borrow a DVD movie. You can borrow many types of dvd there: Documentary, Travel Guides, movies, etc .... And I have the purpose of watching every night a movie in my laptop, with the subtitles in english because I need to improve my listening skills and I think that this is a very good  idea. Because I can pause the movie and listen again some sentences that I hadn´t understood well. So last night I watched "Home Alone 1" and tonight I am going to watch "Taken". It´s a movie about a retired CIA agent and his daughter. They travel to Europe and she is kidnapped to be sold into prostitution world. When I was looking information about this movie (Alex recommended it to me) in Youtube, I found a trailer, and the next comment talking about Lian Neeson, the main actor in the movie:

"Liam Neeson is the JEDI MASTER that trained Obi-Wan Kenobi (Star Wars), he is Aslan, the boss of Narnia (Another movie), he is ZEUS , the god of all of Gods . In "The Grey" he kills wolves with his hands and survives in sub zero temperature in Alaska, and finally, he is who trained BATMAN .... WHY IN THE FUCK WOULD YOU KIDNAP HIS DAUGTHER????

Jajajajajajja .... it´s very good, really, very good!!! I couldn´t stop laughing when I read it ;)

So ... That´s everything for today. Now I am going to watch the movie, I hope it is as good as everybody has told me.

Hugs and kisses for everybody!!








4 comentarios:

SANTI dijo...

I have undestood all perfectly. That want to say that I am also improving my English. I love to read pretty good. The next week I will see you. Goooooooooo Boston.

Strong hugs little brother

Victoria dijo...

Yes, Diego your English is good and easy. I hope you are learning a lot of English in NY. But when you return here you must practising too. Perhaps you and me can speak both. (My English isn't as good as yours).

Diego Blázquez dijo...

Santiii, reading is easier (very much easier) than writting, jajajajaja. You have to try to writte an entire post in english, and with different verbal tenses... ufff... I had headache when I finished!
Victoria, Thank you! We can practice when I go back to Spain

rocio hermana dijo...

bueno muy bonito todo, ya veo que todos sabeis ingl´ñes, pues yo en español!!!!!jajajajaja
vaya tela lo del accidente!!!!!!un bsitoooooooo, que poquito te queda, que esto pasa rápido,no desaproveches ni un segundo!!!